How to Manage Behaviour in Further Education
Packed with advice, ideas and staff development activities, this practical book provides everything you need to manage difficult behaviour and create a positive learning environment in Further Education settings.
New to this second edition:
- advice on dealing with mobile phones in lectures
- supporting students experiencing cyber-bullying
- dealing with gang culture
- managing confrontations between students and lecturers
- how to re-engage disaffected learners
- working with learners from a diverse range of backgrounds
- supporting additional needs
- using the right sort of language
- managing difficult groups, and adult groups
- examples from prisons and work-based learning situations
- reflective activities
Ideal for lecturers, teachers and support staff working with young people and adults in Further Education, everything in the book has been tried and tested by the author.
Dave Vizard is an independent consultant and trainer on behaviour management who has worked with hundreds of colleges and schools on improving student behaviour.
168 pages; ISBN 9781446293768
, or download in or
Title: How to Manage Behaviour in Further Education
Author: Dave Vizard
Biology for the IB Diploma 1753 US$ 47.00 415 pages
Leading Change Step-by-Step 2010 US$ 29.95 226 pages
The Common Core Companion: The Standards Decoded, Grades 3-5 2014 US$ 34.95 289 pages
Experience And Education 2007 US$ 8.73 96 pages