The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Now a major film directed by Angelina Jolie to be released in 2014, this is the true story of one incredibly resilient WWII flier from the author of ‘Seabiscuit’.
On a May afternoon in 1943, a US bomber crashed into the Pacific Ocean. After an agonising delay, a young lieutenant finally bobbed to the surface and struggled aboard a life raft. So begins one of the most extraordinary odysseys of the Second World War.
The lieutenant’s name was Louis Zamperini. As a boy, he turned to petty crime until he discovered a remarkable talent for running, which took him to the Berlin Olympics. But as war loomed, he joined up and was soon embroiled in the ferocious battle for the Pacific.
Now Zamperini faced a journey of thousands of miles of open ocean on a failing raft, dogged by sharks, starvation and the enemy. Driven to limits of endurance, Zamperini’s fate, whether triumph or tragedy, would depend on the strength of his will…
500 pages; ISBN 9780007378029
, or download in
Author: Laura Hillenbrand
Killing Patton 2014 US$ 12.99 304 pages
History for the IB Diploma: Causes, Practices and Effects of Wars 2011 US$ 26.00 241 pages
- Academic > History > Modern history, 1453- > 1789- > World War II (1939-1945)
- Academic > History > Ancient history
- History > Military > World War I
- History > Military > World War II
- History > Military > Vietnam War
- Biography & Autobiography > Military
- Biography & Autobiography > Sports
- Biography & Autobiography > Historical
- Sports & Recreation > Track & Field