The incredible true story of Louis Zamperini, now a major motion picture directed by Angelina Jolie.
THE INTERNATIONAL NUMBER ONE BESTSELLER
In 1943 a bomber crashes into the Pacific Ocean. Against all odds, one young lieutenant survives. Louise Zamperini had already transformed himself from child delinquent to prodigious athlete, running in the Berlin Olympics. Now he must embark on one of the Second World War’s most extraordinary odysseys. Zamperini faces thousands of miles of open ocean on a failing raft. Beyond like only greater trials, in Japan’s prisoner-of-war camps.
Driven to the limits of endurance, Zamperini’s destiny, whether triumph or tragedy, depends on the strength of his will …
Now a major motion picture, directed by Angelina Jolie and starring Jack O’ Connell.
500 pages; ISBN 9780007378029
, or download in
Author: Laura Hillenbrand
- Academic > History > Modern history, 1453- > 1789- > World War II (1939-1945)
- Academic > History > Ancient history
- History > Military > World War I
- History > Military > World War II
- History > Military > Vietnam War
- Biography & Autobiography > Military
- Biography & Autobiography > Sports
- Biography & Autobiography > Historical
- Sports & Recreation > Track & Field