The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Lee and Gaensslen's Advances in Fingerprint Technology, Third Edition
Reflecting new discoveries in fingerprint science, Lee and Gaensslen’s Advances in Fingerprint Technology, Third Edition has been completely updated with new material and nearly double the references contained in the previous edition. The book begins with a detailed review of current, widely used development techniques, as well as some older, historical methods. Next, it describes more recent advances as well as novel, emerging technologies that have just begun to reach maturity.
Highlights in this edition include:
- Comprehensive details about work performed by the UK Home Office on the use of powders and brushes
- Advances in the area of blood reagents, and the transition from previously carcinogenic peroxidase reagents to new and safer protein staining methods
- The vacuum metal deposition technique
- The cyanoacrylate fuming process
- An update on ninhydrin analogs
- Emerging trends in print development using nanotechnology
- Latent print recovery and decontamination at scenes tainted by chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosive materials
- A model for quantitatively interpreting and assessing minutiae in a print
- Methods for digital and chemical imaging of latent prints
With contributions by a renowned group of leading forensic scientists and criminalistics experts, this valuable work presents the latest progress in fingerprint technologies, comparison, and identification.
528 pages; ISBN 9781466578715
More from this author
- Advances in Fingerprint Technology, Second Edition2010US$ 139.95457 pages
Violence against Women under International Human Rights Law 2010 US$ 32.00 411 pages
Collect Your Judgment in 5 Easy Steps 2007 US$ 22.95 258 pages