The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Feminine Genius of Catholic Theology
This bookintroduces Catholic doctrine through the crucible of the women mystics'reception of the gospel.The work of thegreat women theologians of the Church's second millennium has too often beenneglected (or relegated to the category of mysticism') in textbooks onCatholic doctrine.This is a shame,because their work shows the interior conjunction of liturgical experience(broadly understood), scriptural exegesis, philosophical reflection, anddoctrinal/creedal formulation.Drawingon their work, this book presents the tenets of Catholic faith in a clear andaccessible manner, useful for introductory courses as well as for students andscholars interested in the contributions of women to Catholic theology. Women theologians in this book include Catherine of Siena, Theresa of Avila, Therese of Lisieux, Simone Weil and others.
More Social Science
- Academic > Religion > Abrahamic Religions > Christianity > Christian Denominations > Church unity. Ecumenical movement. Interdenominational cooperation
- Academic > Religion > Abrahamic Religions > Christianity > Christian Denominations > Eastern churches. Oriental churches
- Religion > Christianity > Pastoral Ministry
- Religion > Christianity > Catholicism
- Religion > Theology
- Religion > Devotional
- Social Science > Women's Studies