A Practical Guide
Auditions are an integral part of every performer's life. From getting into drama school, through to a successful career in an overcrowded industry, Auditions: A Practical Guide offers crucial advice and tried-and-tested techniques to maximize success before, during and after each audition.
Written by an established casting director and former actor with thirty years of experience on a wide range of productions, this book offers a wealth of personal and professional insights covering:
- drama and theatre schools
- classical, contemporary, physical and musical theatre
- television and radio drama
- screen tests and commercial castings
- voice work
- recalls and workshops
- handling job offers, and rejection.
From training to triumph, nerves to networking and camera to casting couch, Auditions: A Practical Guide is an entertaining, accessible, and indispensable read for every performer.
For more resources, please visit www.auditionsapracticalguide.com.
288 pages; ISBN 9781134030132
, or download in or
Author: Richard Evans
More Performing Arts
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater
- Academic > Performing Arts > Special topics A-Z
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Societies
- Performing Arts > Acting & Auditioning
- Performing Arts > Theater