The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Thomas De Quincey
New Theoretical and Critical Directions
The ongoing critical fascination with Thomas De Quincey and the burgeoning recognition of the centrality of his writings to the Romantic age and beyond necessitates a critical examination of De Quincey. In this spirit, ten of the top De Quincey scholars in the world have come together in this volume to engage directly with the immense amount of new information to be published on De Quincey in the past two decades. The book features wide-ranging and incisive assessments of De Quincey as essayist, addict, economist, subversive, biographer, autobiographer, aesthete, innovator, hedonist, and much else.
264 pages; ISBN 9781134148431
, or download in or
More from this author
More Literary Criticism
The Cambridge Companion to Fantasy Literature 2012 US$ 25.00 298 pages
The Cambridge Companion to Modern Japanese Culture 2009 US$ 43.00 432 pages
- Academic > Literature > English literature > By period > Modern > 19th century
- Academic > Literature > English literature > Literary history and criticism
- Academic > Literature > English literature > 19th century, 1770/1800-1890/1900
- Literary Criticism > European > English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh
- Literary Criticism > Gothic & Romance