Processes, Responses and Experiences in Rural Restructuring
- Geographische Rundschau
"With Rural Geography Michael Woods remedies the often underestimated dynamism of rural places and rural society by providing the much-needed synthesis of the European and North American literature on rural restructuring and globalization processes."
- Patrick H Mooney, University of Kentucky
Rural Geography is an introduction to contemporary rural societies and economies in the developed world. It examines the social and economic processes at work in the contemporary countryside - including the more traditional: like agriculture; land use; and population; as well as wider themes like: rural health, crime, exclusion, commodification; and alternative lifestyles.
With a contextualising section defining the rural, the text is organised systematically in three principal sections:
- Processes of Rural Restructuring
- Responses to Rural Restructuring
- Experiences of Rural Restructuring
Using the most recent empirical material , statistical data and research, the text is global in perspective using comparative examples throughout. Rural Geography is a systematic introduction to the processes, responses, and experiences of rural restructuring.
352 pages; ISBN 9781446240472
, or download in or
Title: Rural Geography
Author: Michael Woods
More Social Science
- Academic > Geography > Human ecology. Anthropogeography > Settlements > Rural settlements. Rural geography
- Academic > Agriculture > History > Agricultural geography
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Human ecology. Anthropogeography
- Academic > Life Sciences > Biology > Human ecology. Anthropogeography
- Science > Geography
- Social Science > Sociology