The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nursing
Integrating Psychotherapy, Psychopharmacology, and Complementary and Alternative Approaches
This groundbreaking core text fills a void in nursing literature by integrating psychotherapy, psychopharmacology, and complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) approaches into advanced practice nursing. It is organized around psychiatric "syndromes" rather than DSM diagnoses, so it will remain current even after the publication of the DSM-5. The book provides clear and relevant treatment options in the form of decision trees with additional explanatory narratives. These decision trees enable practitioners to distinguish "normal" patients from those who require more customized therapeutic interventions. This holistic text integrates neurobiology, theory, and research evidence related to psychotherapy, psychopharmacology, and complementary and alternative medicine interventions. While providing comprehensive information on theory and practice, it simplifies complex aspects of treatment with clarity and provides the depth of content appropriate to support sound clinical reasoning required in advanced practice.
The book responds to the current backlash against overmedication in psychiatry. It also fulfills the upcoming requirements by APNA and ISPN that advanced practice psychiatric nurses must have skills in psychotherapy. Additionally, the text focuses on treatment issues across the life span and highlights pertinent clinical differences from the adult population through pediatric pointers and aging alerts. Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nursing reflects the extensive practice and educational experience of editors and contributors from the United States, Canada, and Scotland, all of whom are expert APNs.Key Features:
- Organized around psychiatric "syndromes," rather than DSM diagnoses, so it will remain relevant after the DSM-5 is published
- Integrates neurobiology, theory, and research evidence related to psychotherapy. psychopharmacology, and CAM therapies
- Provides the much-needed content on psychotherapy newly required for all psychiatric advanced practice nurses (APNA & ISPN White Papers)
- Supports clinical decision skills through thoughtfully designed, easy-to-follow decision trees
- ICONS highlight life span clinical management differences through Pediatric Pointers and Aging Alerts
581 pages; ISBN 9780826108715
, or download in
CURRENT Practice Guidelines in Primary Care 2014 2014 US$ 20.00 483 pages
Prescriber's Guide 2014 US$ 72.00 826 pages