The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
A Nano Approach
Through the integration of strategies from life science, engineering, and clinical medicine, tissue engineering and regenerative medicine hold the promise of new solutions to current health challenges. This rapidly developing field requires continual updates to the state-of-the-art knowledge in all of the aforementioned sciences. Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine: A Nano Approach provides a compilation of the important aspects of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine, including dentistry, from fundamental principles to current advances and future trends.
Written by internationally renowned scientists, engineers, and clinicians, the chapters cover the following areas:
- Nanobiomaterials and scaffolds—including nanocomposites and electrospun nanofibers
- Tissue mechanics
- Stem cells and nanobiomaterials
- Oral and cranial implants and regeneration of bone
- Cartilage tissue engineering
- Controlled release—DNA, RNA, and protein delivery
- Animal science and clinical medicine
The editors designed this textbook with a distinctive theme focusing on the utilization of nanotechnology, biomaterials science in tissue engineering, and regenerative medicine with the inclusion of important clinical aspects. In addition to injured veterans and other individuals, increased life expectancy in the industrialized world is creating a growing population that will require regenerative medicine, producing greater pressure to develop procedures and treatments to improve quality of life. This book bridges the gap between nanotechnology and tissue engineering and regenerative medicine, facilitating the merger of these two fields and the important transition from laboratory discoveries to clinical applications.
577 pages; ISBN 9781439881866
, or download in
More from this author
- Integrated Biomaterials in Tissue Engineering2012US$ 175.00326 pages
- Biomaterials and Stem Cells in Regenerative Medicine2012US$ 159.95553 pages