The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Sweet Hell on Fire
A Memoir of the Prison I Worked In and the Prison I Lived In
"A gritty, raw, and engrossing voice."—Publishers Weekly
I was a bad mother,
a bad daughter,
a bad wife, a bad friend.
Boozed out and tired,
with no dreams
and no future.
But I was a good officer.
Sara Lunsford helped cage the worst of the worst, from serial killers to sex criminals. At the end of every day, when she walked out the prison gate, she had to try to shed the horrors she witnessed. But the darkness invaded every part of her life, no matter how much she tried to immerse herself in a liquor bottle. She couldn't hide from the things that hurt her, the things that made her bleed, the things that still rise up in the dark and choke her.
With a magnetic, raw voice that you won't soon forget, Sweet Hell on Fire grabs you by the throat and doesn't let go. It's a hardscrabble climb from rock bottom to the new ground of a woman who understands the meaning of sacrifice, the joy of redemption, and the quiet haven to be found in hope.
288 pages; ISBN 9781402270772
, or download in or
It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken 2005 US$ 10.99 290 pages
Why Men Love Bitches 2008 US$ 15.95
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminal justice administration > Penology. Prisons. Corrections > By region or country
- Academic > Public Affairs > Criminal justice administration > Penology. Prisons. Corrections > By region or country
- Academic > Public Affairs > Corrections
- Biography & Autobiography > Women
- Social Science > Penology
- True Crime