Draw Fantasy Characters, Creatures and Settings
Create Your Own Fantastic Realms!
An arduous journey leads you to a hilltop. Before you stretches a land of castles filled with noble knights, elven warriors and fearsome goblins and gargoyles. At your feet lies a book...
Within its pages you will discover the secrets to sketching, drawing and coloring wondrous worlds - realms filled with creatures friendly and foul, beautiful princesses and stealthy magic-users, ancient ruins and dragons' lairs.Begin your journey by following the steps within, which will guide you from simple sketches to fully colored works of art. Take heart, brave traveler, for you'll be aided in your quest by:
- Texture and coloring keys that show you exactly how to create dozens of different effects
- A brainstorming game that, with a roll of the dice, allows you to mix and match character, creature and scene characteristics
But beware, friend: Along the way, you will be powerless to resist the temptation to explore the strange and twisted detours of your own utterly original imaginings. Wield your pencil bravely - so begins your adventure...30+ step-by-step demonstrations make it easy to create your own fantastic worlds!
- The Characters: Human or elf, fighter or princess ... learn to outfit your characters with specialized clothing, weaponry and magical items, and tell their tales with dynamic gesture and motion.
- The Creatures: Evoke dragons, demons, griffins and other edgy beasts of your own twisted imaginings, with special attention to key details that make them look regal or demented.
- The Settings: Construct convincing environments that set the tone and atmosphere of your story, be it a mysterious tower, ancient ruins or a peaceful village.
128 pages; ISBN 9781600613838
, or download in or
Title: Fantastic Realms!
Author: V. Shane Colclough