The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Art Therapy and Health Care
Demonstrating the benefits of creative expression for patients living with acute or chronic illness, this volume provides a complete, practical introduction to medical art therapy. It presents evidence-based strategies for helping people of all ages from young children to older adults cope with physical and cognitive symptoms, reduce stress, and improve their quality of life. The book includes detailed case material and 110 illustrations. It describes ways to work with individuals and groups with specific health conditions and challenges, as well as their family members. Contributors are experienced art therapists who combine essential knowledge with in-depth clinical guidance.
More from this author
- Creative Interventions with Traumatized Children2008US$ 42.00332 pages
- Trauma-Informed Practices With Children and Adolescents2011US$ 39.95281 pages
More Social Science
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Neurosciences. Biological psychiatry. Neuropsychiatry > Neurology. Diseases of the nervous system > Psychiatry > Therapeutics. Psychotherapy
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Counseling
- Medicine > Nursing
- Medicine > Holistic Medicine
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Creative Ability
- Social Science > Social Work