The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
If you’ve been asked to maintain large and complex Hadoop clusters, this book is a must. Demand for operations-specific material has skyrocketed now that Hadoop is becoming the de facto standard for truly large-scale data processing in the data center. Eric Sammer, Principal Solution Architect at Cloudera, shows you the particulars of running Hadoop in production, from planning, installing, and configuring the system to providing ongoing maintenance.
Rather than run through all possible scenarios, this pragmatic operations guide calls out what works, as demonstrated in critical deployments.
- Get a high-level overview of HDFS and MapReduce: why they exist and how they work
- Plan a Hadoop deployment, from hardware and OS selection to network requirements
- Learn setup and configuration details with a list of critical properties
- Manage resources by sharing a cluster across multiple groups
- Get a runbook of the most common cluster maintenance tasks
- Monitor Hadoop clusters—and learn troubleshooting with the help of real-world war stories
- Use basic tools and techniques to handle backup and catastrophic failure
296 pages; ISBN 9781449327293
, or download in or
Program Logics for Certified Compilers 2014 US$ 14.99 469 pages
Using Google Maps and Google Earth 2011 US$ 19.99 360 pages
- Computers > Database Management > Data Mining
- Computers > Programming Languages > Java
- Computers > Programming Languages > HTML, SGML, VRML, XML
- Computers > Internet > World Wide Web
- Computers > Networking
- Computers > Data Processing
- Computers > Programming