The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Introduction to Latin
Introduction to Latin, Second Edition is an introductory Latin textbook designed with a streamlined flow that allows it to be completed in one year. Its concise and uncluttered approach gives students what they need to master the material. Grammar is integrated within the context of reading fluency. Innovative exercises provide translation practice as well as build “instinctive skills” that prepare students for reading authentic Latin works.
- Concise, streamlined presentation focuses on what students need to know, allowing the material to be covered in a year, even for courses which meet only three days a week
- Innovative exercises that go beyond the usual translation practice, engaging students with the mechanisms of the language and developing “more instinctive” skills
- Succinct grammatical explanations that don’t overwhelm the students with superfluous detail while also providing help for students with little or no understanding of English grammar
- Latin readings from ancient sources in the form of both sentences and short passages allow for students to connect with authentic Latin
- Practical instructions often overlooked by other textbooks, including reading a dictionary entry, reading strategies, sentence patterns, gapping, and expectations
New to the Second Edition
- Revised order of presentation that spreads material out more evenly between the first and second halves of the book
- Derivatives exercises added at the end of each chapter providing practice connecting English words with their Latin roots
- Bridge to next level: final three chapters provide review and include longer narrative readings with minimal editing to bridge students to the next level of Latin
- Revised selection of readings for more appropriate level of difficulty
396 pages; ISBN 9781585106271
, or download in