The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Data-Intensive Computing and Scheduling
As more and more data is generated at a faster-than-ever rate, processing large volumes of data is becoming a challenge for data analysis software. Addressing performance issues, Cloud Computing: Data-Intensive Computing and Scheduling explores the evolution of classical techniques and describes completely new methods and innovative algorithms. The book delineates many concepts, models, methods, algorithms, and software used in cloud computing.
After a general introduction to the field, the text covers resource management, including scheduling algorithms for real-time tasks and practical algorithms for user bidding and auctioneer pricing. It next explains approaches to data analytical query processing, including pre-computing, data indexing, and data partitioning. Applications of MapReduce, a new parallel programming model, are then presented. The authors also discuss how to optimize multiple group-by query processing and introduce a MapReduce real-time scheduling algorithm.
A useful reference for studying and using MapReduce and cloud computing platforms, this book presents various technologies that demonstrate how cloud computing can meet business requirements and serve as the infrastructure of multidimensional data analysis applications.
230 pages; ISBN 9781466507838
, or download in
More from this author
The Extreme Searcher's Internet Handbook 2013 US$ 19.99 345 pages
The New Digital Age 2013 US$ 11.99 336 pages
Steve Jobs 2011 US$ 14.57 448 pages
Successful Business Intelligence: Unlock the Value of BI & Big Data, Second Edition 2013 US$ 40.00 337 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic digital computers
- Academic > Computer Science > Parallel processing
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Networking > Local Area Networks (LANs)
- Mathematics > Number Systems
- Computers > Internet