Data-Intensive Computing and Scheduling
As more and more data is generated at a faster-than-ever rate, processing large volumes of data is becoming a challenge for data analysis software. Addressing performance issues, Cloud Computing: Data-Intensive Computing and Scheduling explores the evolution of classical techniques and describes completely new methods and innovative algorithms. The book delineates many concepts, models, methods, algorithms, and software used in cloud computing.
After a general introduction to the field, the text covers resource management, including scheduling algorithms for real-time tasks and practical algorithms for user bidding and auctioneer pricing. It next explains approaches to data analytical query processing, including pre-computing, data indexing, and data partitioning. Applications of MapReduce, a new parallel programming model, are then presented. The authors also discuss how to optimize multiple group-by query processing and introduce a MapReduce real-time scheduling algorithm.
A useful reference for studying and using MapReduce and cloud computing platforms, this book presents various technologies that demonstrate how cloud computing can meet business requirements and serve as the infrastructure of multidimensional data analysis applications.
230 pages; ISBN 9781466507838
, or download in
Title: Cloud Computing
Author: Frederic Magoules; Jie Pan; Fei Teng
Alan M. Turing 2012 US$ 13.00 210 pages
Microsoft Excel and Access Integration 2007 US$ 39.99 410 pages
Alan Turing: The Enigma 2014 US$ 16.95 777 pages
QuickBooks 2015: The Best Guide for Small Business 2015 US$ 30.00 465 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic digital computers
- Academic > Computer Science > Parallel processing
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Networking > Local Area Networks (LANs)
- Mathematics > Number Systems
- Computers > Internet > World Wide Web
- Computers > Internet > Web Site Directories
- Computers > Hardware