WordPress: The Missing Manual
Whether you’re a budding blogger or web development professional, WordPress is a brilliant tool for creating websites—if you know how to tap its impressive features. This jargon-free Missing Manual shows you how to use WordPress and its themes, plug-ins, and widgets to build just about any website you can imagine, from a classy blog to a basic e-commerce site.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Create a blog. Get a free WordPress.com account, choose the right theme, and start publishing content.
- Build a website. Produce a professional-looking business site by customizing a WordPress theme.
- Add features. Choose from thousands of WordPress widgets and plug-ins to extend your site’s features.
- Mix in multimedia. Include slideshows, video clips, webcasts, podcasts, and music players.
- Involve your readers. Let readers leave comments, contribute to your site, and carry on a dialog.
- Build an audience. Learn search-engine optimization, measure your reader’s favorite pages, and publicize your site.
- Create a community. Use social media tools such as “Like” and sharing buttons, and provide RSS feeds of your posts.
558 pages; ISBN 9781449359874
, or download in
Title: WordPress: The Missing Manual
Author: Matthew MacDonald
Alan M. Turing 2012 US$ 13.00 210 pages
Microsoft Excel and Access Integration 2007 US$ 39.99 410 pages
Alan Turing: The Enigma 2014 US$ 16.95 777 pages
QuickBooks 2015: The Best Guide for Small Business 2015 US$ 30.00 465 pages