Stardom and Celebrity
- Kerry Gough, Birmingham City University
"Absolutely wonderful. The inclusion of seminal works and more recent works makes this a very valuable read."
- Beschara Karam, University of South Africa
"An engaging and often insightful book."
- Media International Australia
This book brings together some of the seminal interventions which have structured the development of stardom and celebrity studies, while crucially combining and situating these within the context of new essays which address the contemporary, cross-media and international landscape of today's fame culture. From Max Weber, Walter Benjamin and Roland Barthes to Catherine Lumby, Chris Rojek and Graeme Turner.
At the core of the collection is a desire to map out a unique historical trajectory - both in terms of the development of fame, as well as the historical development of the field.
401 pages; ISBN 9781446202388
, or download in
Title: Stardom and Celebrity
Author: Sean Redmond; Su Holmes
The Social Entrepreneur's Playbook, Expanded Edition 2013 US$ 9.99 235 pages
How To Win Friends and Influence People 2010 US$ 10.99 320 pages
- Academic > Philosophy > Philosophical logic
- Academic > Philosophy > Ethics
- Media > Media, Communication and Cultural Studies
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Current Events > Mass Media
- Business > Industries > Entertainment
- Social Science > Popular Culture
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Communication