The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Queens of Comedy
Lucille Ball, Phyllis Diller, Carol Burnett, Joan Rivers, and the New Generation of Funny Women
Through candid personal interviews with Lucille Ball, Carol Burnett, and other visionary performers, Queens of Comedy explores how comediennes have redefined the roles of women in not only the entertainment business, but society as a whole. Detailing both their public and private lives - as well as their many and varied performances - Queen of Comedy examines the impact these women have had on the predominantly male-oriented world of comedy. Performers like Carol Burnett, Joan Rivers, and their more recent counterparts, comediennes Brett Butler and Roseanne, have helped to sift women's roles in comedy from object to subject. This book maps out this shift, providing an often brutally honest picture of women's lives in both the spotlight of comedy and this modern world.
185 pages; ISBN 9781136642876
, or download in or
More Social Science
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types > Special regions or countries
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Performing Arts > Special regions or countries > United States
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Societies
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Biography & Autobiography > Entertainment & Performing Arts
- Health & Fitness > Sexuality
- Social Science > Feminism & Feminist Theory
- Social Science > Gender Studies
- Social Science > Women's Studies
- Performing Arts