The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Closing the Poverty and Culture Gap
Strategies to Reach Every Student
Use instructional practices that lead students of poverty and diverse cultures to success!
Donna Walker Tileston and Sandra K. Darling provide instructional strategies to help teachers improve learning in students of diverse cultures and poverty. This research-based book presents a six-part framework that builds on students’ assets and strengths. The authors discuss:
- Why some cultures are “turned off” by typical motivational approaches and what educators can do to reach students
- What research says about the brain’s desire to learn
- How teachers can build on students’ prior knowledge
- The importance of resiliency
- Teaching procedural and declarative knowledge and preparing students for tests
120 pages; ISBN 9781452236124
, or download in or
Understanding by Design, Expanded 2nd Edition 2005 US$ 32.95 383 pages
Digital Leadership 2014 US$ 27.95 265 pages