The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Unauthorised Biography
With no fewer than three gongs at the 2011 British Comedy Awards, Miranda Hart was crowned the Queen of Comedy. She had become something of a national treasure, yet thrust into the nation's living rooms (and hearts) with her self-titled sitcom; her success did not happen over night. For the first time, author Sophie Johnson reveals the story behind Miranda's rise to fame. The comedian was born in Torquay in 1972, yet despite graduating in politics from Bristol Polytechnic, she always wanted to be a comedian. Her inspiration includes the likes of Joyce Grenfell and Eric Morecombe. Miranda's story is followed through other TV roles such as The Vicar of Dibley, Nighty Night, Hyperdrive and Not Going Out—before Miranda Hart's Joke Shop was commissioned by BBC Radio 2 and the first episode of her sitcom finally broadcast in November 2009. Miranda Hart is the newest comedy legend to capture the imagination of the public—this is her full, unauthorized story.
280 pages; ISBN 9781782190448
, or download in or
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types > Special regions or countries
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Performing Arts > Special regions or countries > United States
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Societies
- Performing Arts > Television
- Performing Arts > Comedy
- Biography & Autobiography > Entertainment & Performing Arts