The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Protein Oxidation and Aging
Reviews our current understanding of the role of protein oxidation in aging and age-related diseases
Protein oxidation is at the core of the aging process. Setting forth a variety of new methods and approaches, this book helps researchers conveniently by exploring the aging process and developing more effective therapies to prevent or treat age-related diseases. There have been many studies dedicated to the relationship between protein oxidation and age-related pathology; now it is possible for researchers and readers to learn new techniques as utilizing protein oxidation products as biomarkers for aging.
Protein Oxidation and Aging begins with a description of the tremendous variety of protein oxidation products. Furthermore, it covers:
- Major aspects of the protein oxidation process
- Cellular mechanisms for managing oxidized proteins
- Role of protein oxidation in aging
- Influence of genetic and environmental factors on protein oxidation
- Measuring protein oxidation in the aging process
- Protein oxidation in age-related diseases
References at the end of each chapter serve as a gateway to the growing body of original research studies and reviews in the field.
516 pages; ISBN 9781118493014
, or download in or