Ethica Nicomachea - The Original Classic Edition
The work, which plays a pre-eminent role in defining Aristotelian ethics, consists of ten books, originally separate scrolls, and is understood to be based on notes from his lectures at the Lyceum, which were either edited by or dedicated to Aristotle's son, Nicomachus.
Aristotle argues that the correct approach in studying such controversial subjects as Ethics or Politics, which involve discussing what is true about what is beautiful or just, is to start with what would be roughly agreed to by people of good up-bringing and experience in life, and to work from there to a higher understanding.
Topics covered in the books are: Book 1. Introduction to Ethics Book 2 - 5 Excellence of Character and moral virtue Book 6. Intellectual virtue Book 7. Impediments to virtue Book 8 - 9 Friendship and partnership Book 10 Pleasure, Happiness and Upbringing
Title: Ethica Nicomachea - The Original Classic Edition
This edition is not for sale in your country. Here are some titles that might be what you're after...
- The Complete Works of Aristotle: The Revised Oxford Translation, One-Volume Digital EditionUS$ 75.00
- Complete Works of Aristotle, Volume 2: The Revised Oxford TranslationUS$ 60.00
- Complete Works of Aristotle, Volume 1: The Revised Oxford TranslationUS$ 60.00
- Aristotle's EthicsUS$ 22.95
- Original Short Stories of MaupassantUS$ 4.99