Open and Distance Learning in the Developing World
This revised and updated edition of Open and Distance Learning in the Developing World sets the expansion of distance education in the context of general educational change and explores its use for basic and non-formal education, schooling, teacher training and higher education.
Engaging with a range of topics, this comprehensive overview includes new material on:
- non-formal education: mass-communication approaches to education about HIV/AIDS and recent literacy work in India, South Africa, and Zambia
- schooling: new research projects in open schooling in Asia and subsaharan Africa, and interactive radio instruction in South Africa
- the impact of new technology and globalisation: learning delivered through the internet and mobile learning
- the political economy: international agencies, the role of private sector, and funding.
With its critical appraisal of the facts and examination of data about effectiveness, this book provides answers to problems and poses key questions for the consideration of policy makers, educational practitioners and all professionals involved in implementing and delivering sustainable open and distance learning.
256 pages; ISBN 9781134161386
, or download in or
Title: Open and Distance Learning in the Developing World
Author: Hilary Perraton
Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites 2010 US$ 33.95 169 pages
Biology for the IB Diploma 2015 US$ 47.00 415 pages
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Moral and religious education > Religion and education. Education under church control > Christian education. Church education > Protestant
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education extension. Adult education. Continuing education > Distance education
- Education > Philosophy & Social Aspects
- Education > Distance Education & Learning