The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Routledge Handbook of International Environmental Law
The Routledge Handbook of International Environmental Law is an advanced level reference guide which provides a comprehensive and contemporary overview of the corpus of international environmental law (IEL). The Handbook features specially commissioned papers by leading experts in the field of international environmental law, drawn from a range of both developed and developing countries in order to put forward a truly global approach to the subject. Furthermore, it addresses emerging and cross-cutting issues of critical importance for the years ahead.
The book is split into six parts for ease of reference:
- The Legal Framework, Theories and Principles of International Environmental Law - focuses on the origins, theory, principles and development of the discipline;
- Implementing International Environmental Law - addresses the implementation of IEL and the role of various actors and institutions, including corporations, intergovernmental organisations and NGOs;
- Key Issues and Legal Frameworks - brings fresh perspectives of the common general issues of international environmental law, such as biological diversity and marine environmental law;
- Regional Environmental Law - explores the specific regimes developed to address regional environmental issues, considering the evolution, prospects and relationship of regional law and mechanisms to IEL;
- Cross-Cutting Issues - considers the engagement of international environmental law with other key fields and legal regimes, including international trade, human rights and armed conflict;
- Contemporary and Future Challenges - analyses pressing current and emerging issues in the field including environmental refugees and climate change, REDD and deforestation, and ‘treaty congestion’ in IEL.
This up-to-date and authoritative book makes it an essential reference work for students, scholars and practitioners working in the field.
856 pages; ISBN 9781136202865
, or download in or
More from this author
- Sustainable Development and Free Trade2007US$ 49.95320 pages
- Globalisation and the Quest for Social and Environmental Justice2010US$ 42.95321 pages
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Comparative law. International uniform law > Environmental law
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Jurisprudence. Philosophy and theory of law > Schools of legal theory
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Periodicals
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Environmental law
- Law > Environmental
- Law > International
- Law > Public