Routledge Handbook of International Environmental Law
The Routledge Handbook of International Environmental Law is an advanced level reference guide which provides a comprehensive and contemporary overview of the corpus of international environmental law (IEL). The Handbook features specially commissioned papers by leading experts in the field of international environmental law, drawn from a range of both developed and developing countries in order to put forward a truly global approach to the subject. Furthermore, it addresses emerging and cross-cutting issues of critical importance for the years ahead.
The book is split into six parts for ease of reference:
- The Legal Framework, Theories and Principles of International Environmental Law - focuses on the origins, theory, principles and development of the discipline;
- Implementing International Environmental Law - addresses the implementation of IEL and the role of various actors and institutions, including corporations, intergovernmental organisations and NGOs;
- Key Issues and Legal Frameworks - brings fresh perspectives of the common general issues of international environmental law, such as biological diversity and marine environmental law;
- Regional Environmental Law - explores the specific regimes developed to address regional environmental issues, considering the evolution, prospects and relationship of regional law and mechanisms to IEL;
- Cross-Cutting Issues - considers the engagement of international environmental law with other key fields and legal regimes, including international trade, human rights and armed conflict;
- Contemporary and Future Challenges - analyses pressing current and emerging issues in the field including environmental refugees and climate change, REDD and deforestation, and ‘treaty congestion’ in IEL.
This up-to-date and authoritative book makes it an essential reference work for students, scholars and practitioners working in the field.
856 pages; ISBN 9781136202865
, or download in or
Title: Routledge Handbook of International Environmental Law
Author: Shawkat Alam; Jahid Hossain Bhuiyan; Tareq M.R. Chowdhury; Erika J. Techera
No Higher Calling, No Greater Responsibility 2008 US$ 16.95 184 pages
No Place to Hide 2014 US$ 9.99 256 pages
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Comparative law. International uniform law > Environmental law
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Jurisprudence. Philosophy and theory of law > Schools of legal theory
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Periodicals
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Environmental law
- Law > Environmental
- Law > International
- Law > Public