Information Systems Strategic Management
An Integrated Approach
This fully revised and updated second edition of Information Systems Strategic Management continues to provide an accessible yet critical analysis of the strategic aspects of information systems.
The second edition again covers the relevant practical and theoretical material of information systems, supported by extensive case studies, student activities, and problem scenarios. The ISS issues will be fully integrated into current thinking about corporate strategy, addressing the fact that a range of emerging strategic issues are often ill addressed in IS strategy books, which also fail to differentiate between IT, the application of technology, and IS, the participative, human-centred approaches to information and knowledge management.
Specific changes include
- Expansion and internationalisation of case studies
- Broader focus beyond social and critical theory
- New chapters on strategy and e-business, strategic management as a technical or social process, strategic implications of information security, applications portfolio, and technology management.
The focus on strategic issues and the integration of IT and IS issues ensures this text is ideal for MBA students studying MIS, as well as being suitable for MSC students in IS/IT.
224 pages; ISBN 9781135654276
, or download in or
Title: Information Systems Strategic Management
Author: Steve Clarke
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Large industry. Factory system. Big business > Cooperation. Cooperative societies
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Management. Industrial management
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Industry
- Computers > Networking
- Business > Management
- Business > Knowledge Management
- Business > Information Management