The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Song from the Land of Fire
Azerbaijanian Mugam in the Soviet and Post-Soviet Periods
This book examines Azerbaijani musical culture of the soviet and post-soviet era with a special focus on mugam . Mugam , bringing together classical poetry with musical improvisation, is examined as a symbol of both continuity and adaptability in response to the social, political and gender dynamics of the Soviet Union.
290 pages; ISBN 9781136759505
, or download in or
More Social Science
- Academic > Performing Arts > Literature on music > History and criticism > By region or country
- Academic > Performing Arts > Literature on music > History and criticism > Dance music
- Academic > Performing Arts > Literature on music > Periodicals. Serials
- Poetry > Ancient, Classical & Medieval
- Music > Popular
- Literary Criticism > Russian & Former Soviet Union
- Biography & Autobiography > Composers & Musicians
- Social Science