The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
With 90 detailed hacks, expert web developers Jesse Cravens and Jeff Burtoft demonstrate intriguing uses of HTML5-related technologies. Each recipe provides a clear explanation, screenshots, and complete code examples for specifications that include Canvas, SVG, CSS3, multimedia, data storage, web workers, WebSockets, and geolocation.
You’ll also find hacks for HTML5 markup elements and attributes that will give you a solid foundation for creative recipes that follow. The last chapter walks you through everything you need to know to get your HTML5 app off the ground, from Node.js to deploying your server to the cloud.
Here are just a few of the hacks you’ll find in this book:
- Make iOS-style card flips with CSS transforms and transitions
- Replace the background of your video with the Canvas tag
- Use Canvas to create high-res Retina Display-ready media
- Make elements on your page user-customizable with editable content
- Cache media resources locally with the filesystem API
- Reverse-geocode the location of your web app user
- Process image data with pixel manipulation in a dedicated web worker
- Push notifications to the browser with Server-Sent Events
500 pages; ISBN 9781449335090
, or download in or
The Extreme Searcher's Internet Handbook 2013 US$ 19.99 345 pages
The New Digital Age 2013 US$ 11.99 336 pages
Steve Jobs 2011 US$ 14.57 448 pages
Successful Business Intelligence: Unlock the Value of BI & Big Data, Second Edition 2013 US$ 40.00 337 pages