East is East
The play that gave birth to the smash-hit film - a wonderful comedy about growing up in multiracial Salford.
The six Khan children, entangled in arranged marriages and bell-bottoms, are trying to find their way growing up in 1970s Salford. They are all caught between their Pakistani father's insistence on Asian traditions, their English mother's laissez-faire attitude, and their own wish to become citizens of the modern world.
'First plays don't come much better than this... full of intelligence, irresistable laughter and serious promise.' Sunday Times
91 pages; ISBN 9781780011110
, or download in
Title: East is East
Author: Ayub Khan-Din
- Academic > Literature > English literature > Collections of English literature > Drama
- Academic > Literature > Drama > English Drama - Collections
- Academic > Literature > English literature > Literary history and criticism
- Academic > Literature > English literature > Relations to other literatures and countries
- Drama > English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh