The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Social Media Investigation for Law Enforcement
Social Media is becoming an increasingly important—and controversial—investigative source for law enforcement. This project provides an overview of the current state of digital forensic investigation of Facebook and other social media networks and the state of the law, touches on hacktivism, and discusses the implications for privacy and other controversial areas. The authors also point to future trends.
About Forensic Studies for Criminal Justice: The Forensic Studies for Criminal Justice series consists of short-format content on new developments, unique perspectives, or how-to information on areas in forensic science—all specifically designed to meet the needs of the criminal justice community. Instructors wishing to provide their students with more in-depth coverage on certain forensic areas can add these digestible, inexpensive works to their syllabi without having to completely redesign their course, introduce overly complex material, or financially overburden their students. Law enforcement and other criminal justice professionals will find a wealth of valuable information to improve training sessions. Written by experts in the disciplines they are covering and edited by a senior scholar in criminal justice, Forensic Studies for Criminal Justice opens up the world of forensic science to the criminal justice community.
- Part of a new Anderson series presenting brief works on forensic science, written especially for students and law enforcement
- Surveys the current state of the digital forensic investigation tools available for social media, looking at legal concerns and pointing to future trends
- Discusses the types of crimes committed using social media, including hactivism, burglary, malware, cyberbullying, and child exploitation, among others
- Case studies of domestic and international social media investigations
128 pages; ISBN 9781455731626
, or download in or
More from this author
The Extreme Searcher's Internet Handbook 2013 US$ 19.99 345 pages
The New Digital Age 2013 US$ 11.99 336 pages
Steve Jobs 2011 US$ 14.57 448 pages
Successful Business Intelligence: Unlock the Value of BI & Big Data, Second Edition 2013 US$ 40.00 337 pages
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology > Crimes and offenses
- Academic > Law > Law of the United States > Federal law. Common and collective state law
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Accidents. Prevention of accidents
- Political Science > Political Freedom & Security > Law Enforcement
- Computers > Internet > Security
- Social Science > Criminology
- True Crime