Philip Allan Literature Guide (for GCSE): The Crucible
Philip Allan Literature Guides (for GCSE) provide exam-focused analysis of popular set texts to give students the very best chance of achieving the highest grades possible.
Designed to be used throughout the course or as revision before the exam, this full colour text provides:
- a thorough commentary, outlining the plot and structure and exploring the themes, style, characters and context of the text
- exemplar A*- and C-grade answers to exam-style questions, with examiner's comments, exam and essay-writing advice
- the assessment objectives for each exam board, highlighting the specific skills that students need to develop
- 'Grade booster' boxes with tips on how to move between grades
- 'Pause for thought' boxes to make students consider their own opinions on the text
- Key quotations to memorise and use in the exams
AND free access to a website with further revision aids, including interactive quizzes, blogs, a forum for students to share their ideas, useful web links, plus additional exam-style questions and answers with examiner's comments and expert advice.
96 pages; ISBN 9781444153729
Title: Philip Allan Literature Guide (for GCSE): The Crucible
Author: Shaun McCarthy; Jeanette Weatherall
More Literary Criticism
Middle Egyptian Literature 2014 US$ 26.00 460 pages
The Fran Lebowitz Reader 2011 US$ 11.99 352 pages