The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
MapReduce Design Patterns
Building Effective Algorithms and Analytics for Hadoop and Other Systems
Until now, design patterns for the MapReduce framework have been scattered among various research papers, blogs, and books. This handy guide brings together a unique collection of valuable MapReduce patterns that will save you time and effort regardless of the domain, language, or development framework you’re using.
Each pattern is explained in context, with pitfalls and caveats clearly identified to help you avoid common design mistakes when modeling your big data architecture. This book also provides a complete overview of MapReduce that explains its origins and implementations, and why design patterns are so important. All code examples are written for Hadoop.
- Summarization patterns: get a top-level view by summarizing and grouping data
- Filtering patterns: view data subsets such as records generated from one user
- Data organization patterns: reorganize data to work with other systems, or to make MapReduce analysis easier
- Join patterns: analyze different datasets together to discover interesting relationships
- Metapatterns: piece together several patterns to solve multi-stage problems, or to perform several analytics in the same job
- Input and output patterns: customize the way you use Hadoop to load or store data
"A clear exposition of MapReduce programs for common data processing patterns—this book is indespensible for anyone using Hadoop."
--Tom White, author of Hadoop: The Definitive Guide
256 pages; ISBN 9781449341985
, or download in or
Visual Basic in Easy Steps 2011 US$ 14.99 193 pages
Using Google Maps and Google Earth 2011 US$ 19.99 360 pages
A Practical Guide to Linux Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming, 3e 2012 US$ 39.99 1224 pages
HTML and CSS 2011 US$ 29.99 514 pages