The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
The Silence Calling
Australians in Antarctica 1947-97
Thousands of men and women from all over Australia and from many backgrounds have lived, worked and, indeed, played in that dangerous, hostile and overwhelmingly beautiful environment to become part of Australia's Antarctic legend. However, The Silence Calling is not just about personal endeavour and hardship; it is also about exploration, discovery and Australia's significant contribution to international scientific research.
654 pages; ISBN 9781864488593
, or download in
More from this author
- Academic > Geography > Maps > By region or country > Eastern Hemisphere. Eurasia, Africa, etc. > Africa
- Academic > Geography > History of geography
- Academic > Geography > Arctic and Antarctic regions
- Science > Research & Methodology
- Science > Geography
- History > Australia & Oceania
- History > Polar Regions
- History > Exploration & Discovery