The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Investigate Earth's Most Destructive Forces with 25 Projects
Young scientists explore the causes and impact of natural disasters through the engaging hands-on activities in this educational resource. An investigative look into Earth’s natural disasters, this book provides discussions and experiments related to earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, tornados, hurricanes, floods, droughts, heat waves, blizzards, and even lesser-known events such as exploding lakes and solar flares. Moreover, the interactive exercises—which include creating shake tables, a cake batter lava flow, a wind tunnel, and a lake eruption, as well as experimenting with avalanches—engage readers and add depth to the text while ensuring that learning is lasting and fun. A glossary highlighting key terms and a list of additional resources for further education are also included.
More Juvenile Nonfiction
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Emergency management > Relief in case of disasters
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Alcoholism. Intemperance. Temperance reform
- Juvenile Nonfiction > Science & Technology
- Juvenile Nonfiction > Nature