The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
La Mise en Scene Contemporaine
Staging Theatre Today
Contemporary Mise en Scène is Patrice Pavis’s enlightening and penetrating analysis of the role that stagecraft plays in the creation of drama.
Pavis explores the complex relationship of mise en scène to different performance forms throughout history. He focuses on the traditional elements employed in stagecraft and studies the dramatic impact of actors, costume, lighting and set design on performance.
This powerful new translation explores the changing possibilities for stagecraft through new media forms in the twenty-first century and critically examines contemporary stagecraft today in the context of performance art, physical theatre and postmodern theory.
384 pages; ISBN 9781136448508
, or download in or
More from this author
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types > By period
- Academic > Performing Arts > History > By period > 20th century
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Societies
- Performing Arts > Theater