Food and Culture
The classic book that helped to define and legitimize the field of food and culture studies is now available, with major revisions, in a specially affordable e-book version (978-0-203-07975-1).
The third edition includes 40 original essays and reprints of previously published classics under 5 Sections: FOUNDATIONS, HEGEMONY AND DIFFERENCE, CONSUMPTION AND EMBODIMENT, FOOD AND GLOBALIZATION, and CHALLENGING, CONTESTING, AND TRANSFORMING THE FOOD SYSTEM.
17 of the 40 articles included are either, new to this edition, rewritten by their original authors, or edited by Counihan and van Esterik.
A bank of test items applicable to each article in the book is available to instructors interested in selecting this edition for course use. Simply send an e.mail to the publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org
648 pages; ISBN 9781136162022
, or download in or
Title: Food and Culture
Author: Carole Counihan; Penny Van Esterik
More Social Science
- Academic > Anthropology > Manners and customs (General) > Houses. Dwellings
- Academic > Anthropology > Manners and customs (General) > Customs relative to private life, Including children, marriage, eating and drinking, funeral customs, etc.
- Social Science > Customs & Traditions
- Social Science > Sociology
- Social Science > Anthropology