The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Handbook of Sound Studio Construction
Rooms for Recording and Listening
Practical coverage of the latest sound studio construction techniques and components
Handbook of Sound Studio Construction: Rooms for Recording and Listening provides expert advice and detailed examples for anyone contemplating the construction or renovation of an acoustically sensitive room. The first part of the book offers specific details on 10 types of rooms, including recording studios, control rooms, and home theaters. The remainder of the book contains several tutorial chapters on acoustics-related topics, such as wall and floor construction and heating and ventilation. Information on dozens of manufacturers and companies involved in the acoustic and home studio industry is included. This book is the perfect companion to Master Handbook of Acoustics..
Handbook of Sound Studio Construction covers:
- Acoustic designs for 10 different types of rooms
- Modern acoustic modules
- Surround-sound playback
- Webcasting, noise control, and sound isolation, reflectors and reverberation, acoustic doors and sound locks, Live End-Dead End control rooms, and electrical wiring and grounding
- Applications such as video gaming
- The effects of home furnishings on small-room acoustics
- Subwoofers, soundbars, and in-wall speakers
- How to upgrade and improve performance of an existing home theater room
- Up-to-date design that reflect today’s trends in architectural acoustics
- Products and materials from diverse manufacturers
Introduction to Room Design; Announce Booth; Recording Studio for Classical Music; Recording Studio for Popular Music; Recording Studio with Variable Acoustics; Control Rooms; Audio/Video/Film Workroom; Teleconference Room; Home Personal Project Studio; Home Media Room; Home Theater; Site Selection and Noise Control; Sound Diffusing Materials; Sound Absorbing Materials; Sound Reflecting Materials; Wall Construction; Floor/Ceiling Construction; Windows and Doors; HVAC System; Room Performance and Evaluation
352 pages; ISBN 9780071772754
, or download in or
Build first-class recording studios and listening spaces
Design and build your own audiophile-grade recording and playback environments using proven, cost-effective plans and techniques. Handbook of Sound Studio Construction: Rooms for Recording and Listening explains practical acoustical properties and describes how to engineer acoustically sensitive spaces, including music recording studios, control rooms, voice studios, home project studios, A/V suites, media rooms, and surround-sound home theaters.
Learn how to choose room dimensions, select building materials, construct your own custom treatments, maximize isolation, and generate and analyze response curves. This do-it-yourself guide incorporates decades of roomdesign experience and provides you with the practical knowledge to design and build your own acoustical spaces or improve existing spaces.
- An introduction to room acoustics and acoustical design
- Reflecting, absorbing, and diffusing materials
- Room geometry, modes, and treatment
- Acoustic isolation, site selection, and HVAC design
- Wall, floor, and ceiling construction
- Window and door design considerations
- Reverberation times, early reflections, and psychoacoustics
- Objective and subjective room evaluation
- Plans and specifications for 10 recording and listening rooms