The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer
Electronics Projects for Hobbyists and Inventors
Discover the capabilities of Microsoft's new electronics prototyping platform with hands-on projects
Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer: Electronics Projects for Hobbyists and Inventors brings the power and versatility of .NET Gadgeteer open source hardware and software platforms to users of all abilities. Simon Taylor, a leading pioneer in the embedded device hardware space, offers progressive instruction to guide you through fun and practical projects--devices sensors, lights, switches, displays, motor controllers, and more--that clearly demonstrate key principles in the assembly and programming of the main processor board and gadget modules. Other resources include coverage of Visual Studio Express (free edition); how to connect devices to the development environment; techniques for writing, deploying, and debugging applications; and an overview for developing main board and module hardware and firmware.
- Your step-by-step guide to using Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer
- All principles taught apply to boards from any manufacturer
- Shows you how to combine C#, .NET Micro Framework, and Gadgeteer into actual working embedded projects
- Teaches techniques and skills you can use to design your own Gadgeteer hardware
- Explores how to use basic hardware and software blocks with fun projects, like 2D video games
- All hardware used in projects is readily available, and the development software for Gadgeteer is free
Practical, step-by-step coverage!
Introduction to Gadgeteer; Software Development Environment; Gadgeteer Main Boards; Gadgeteer Modules; Debugging and Deploying Applications; Serial Communications Projects; I2C, SPI and GPIO Projects; Card and File Projects; Ethernet and Web Device Projects; Graphics Projects; Video Game Projects; Designing Gadgeteer Main Boards; Designing Gadgeteer Modules
Make Great Stuff!
TAB, an imprint of McGraw-Hill Professional, is a leading publisher of DIY technology books for makers, hackers, and electronics hobbyists.
256 pages; ISBN 9780071797962
, or download in or
Turn your flashes of creativity into first-rate gadgets
Covers Gadgeteer for Micro Framework 4.1 and 4.2
Realize your inner innovator and rapidly build breathtaking electronic devices with Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer. By working through easy-to-follow, practical projects, you’ll discover how to design, assemble, and prototype your own gadgets—all without ever lifting a soldering iron. Learn how to choose components, write Gadgeteer applications, connect your creations to the Web, and troubleshoot. Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer: Electronics Projects for Hobbyists and Inventors contains complete instructions for building your projects using money-saving mainboards and modules.
- Set up the development environment and tools on your PC
- Understand Gadgeteer mainboards, modules, and sockets
- Learn how the Micro Framework and Gadgeteer libraries work
- Download and debug your applications from your PC
- Learn the principles of writing structured applications for embedded projects
- Interface with SPI, I2C, and serial-based modules
- Work with Gadgeteer interfaces for serial and storage devices, graphics, networking, and web-connected devices
- Design touch-sensitive graphic display gadgets
- Create web servers and web devices
More from this author
- Privatization and Financial Collapse in the Nuclear Industry2007US$ 49.95273 pages
- West over Sea2007US$ 196.00646 pages