Windows 8 Apps with XAML and C# Unleashed
Windows 8 enables you to build stunning applications that integrate with each other, services, and Windows itself like never before. And you can sell them in the Windows Store for tablets such as Surface, laptops, and traditional desktop PCs! Now, world-renowned Microsoft programming guru Adam Nathan shows you exactly how to write first-class apps for this radically new version of Windows.
Clear, accessible, and intensely practical, this guide teaches through concise code examples, fully color-coded to match their appearance in Visual Studio--the same approach that made Nathan’s WPF 4 Unleashed so popular. Writing with unprecedented depth and insight, Nathan guides you through creating advanced user interfaces with XAML and exploiting key Windows 8 features such as touch, sensors, charms, and live tiles. Whether you’re already comfortable with Microsoft programming or relatively new to it, Windows 8 Apps with XAML and C# Unleashed will take you to the cutting edge of Windows 8 development.
Detailed information on how to...
- Use XAML to represent state-of-the-art user interfaces
- Ensure app usability on multiple devices and form factors
- Handle touch, mouse, pen, and keyboard input
- Manage the high-performance, low-power Windows 8 app lifecycle
- Use Windows 8 controls for managing lists, rich text, images, multimedia, and more
- Encode, decode, and transcode multimedia content
- Leverage rich XAML vector graphics and animation
- Make the most of styles and templates
- Interact with built-in functionality such as the Camera app, file picker, contact picker, the lock screen, and more
- Exploit the Windows 8 charms bar with contracts and extensions
- Work with the rich set of available sensors: accelerometer, compass, light sensor, location, proximity, and more
624 pages; ISBN 9780132984348
, or download in or
Title: Windows 8 Apps with XAML and C# Unleashed
Author: Adam Nathan
CompTIA Network+ Study Guide 2015 US$ 49.99 960 pages
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) 2012 US$ 60.00 1664 pages
Mastering HTML5 Forms 2013 US$ 17.99 148 pages