Bible and Cinema: Fifty Key Films
Movies which have drawn inspiration from the Bible, either directly or indirectly, have been extremely popular since the earliest days of cinema. Bible and Cinema: Fifty Key Films introduces a wide range of those movies, which are among the most important, critically-acclaimed and highest-grossing films of all time, including:
- The King of Kings
- The Passion of the Christ
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Apocalypse Now
- Monty Python’s Life of Brian.
Written by a team of international scholars, the fifty entries discuss the Biblical stories, characters or motifs depicted in each film making this book the ideal guide for anyone interested in the long-standing relationship between the Bible and film.
296 pages; ISBN 9781136183997
, or download in or
Title: Bible and Cinema: Fifty Key Films
Author: Adele Reinhartz
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Comedy > General works
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Comedy > Special topics
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Performing Arts > Motion Pictures > Motion pictures
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Religion > Bible > Criticism & Interpretation > Study
- Performing Arts > Film
- Religion > Bible > Commentaries