Programming Massively Parallel Processors
A Hands-on Approach
Programming Massively Parallel Processors: A Hands-on Approach shows both student and professional alike the basic concepts of parallel programming and GPU architecture. Various techniques for constructing parallel programs are explored in detail. Case studies demonstrate the development process, which begins with computational thinking and ends with effective and efficient parallel programs. Topics of performance, floating-point format, parallel patterns, and dynamic parallelism are covered in depth.
This best-selling guide to CUDA and GPU parallel programming has been revised with more parallel programming examples, commonly-used libraries such as Thrust, and explanations of the latest tools. With these improvements, the book retains its concise, intuitive, practical approach based on years of road-testing in the authors' own parallel computing courses.
Updates in this edition include:
- New coverage of CUDA 5.0, improved performance, enhanced development tools, increased hardware support, and more.
- Increased coverage of related technology OpenCL and new material on algorithm patterns, GPU clusters, host programming, and data parallelism.
- Two new case studies explore the latest applications of CUDA and GPUs for scientific research and high-performance computing.
514 pages; ISBN 9780123914187
, or download in or
Title: Programming Massively Parallel Processors
Author: David B. Kirk; Wen-mei W. Hwu
Introduction to Water Resources and Environmental Issues 2009 US$ 68.00 470 pages
Food, Inc. 2010 US$ 12.99
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer programming
- Academic > Computer Science > Object-oriented programming
- Academic > Computer Science > Parallel programming
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Programming Languages
- Computers > Hardware
- Computers > Data Processing
- Computers > Programming
- Computers > Computer Architecture
- Computers > Microelectronics
- Technology > Electronics