Introduction to Statistics Through Resampling Methods and R
A highly accessible alternative approach to basic statistics
Praise for the First Edition:
"Certainly one of the most impressive little paperback 200-page introductory statistics books that I will ever see . . . it would make a good nightstand book for every statistician."
Written in a highly accessible style, Introduction to Statistics through Resampling Methods and R, Second Edition guides students in the understanding of descriptive statistics, estimation, hypothesis testing, and model building. The book emphasizes the discovery method, enabling readers to ascertain solutions on their own rather than simply copy answers or apply a formula by rote.
The Second Edition utilizes the R programming language to simplify tedious computations, illustrate new concepts, and assist readers in completing exercises. The text facilitates quick learning through the use of:
- More than 250 exercises—with selected "hints"—scattered throughout to stimulate readers' thinking and to actively engage them in applying their newfound skills
- An increased focus on why a method is introduced
- Multiple explanations of basic concepts
- Real-life applications in a variety of disciplines
- Dozens of thought-provoking, problem-solving questions in the final chapter to assist readers in applying statistics to real-life applications
Introduction to Statistics through Resampling Methods and R, Second Edition is an excellent resource for students and practitioners in the fields of agriculture, astrophysics, bacteriology, biology, botany, business, climatology, clinical trials, economics, education, epidemiology, genetics, geology, growth processes, hospital administration, law, manufacturing, marketing, medicine, mycology, physics, political science, psychology, social welfare, sports, and toxicology who want to master and learn to apply statistical methods.
224 pages; ISBN 9781118497579
, or download in or
Title: Introduction to Statistics Through Resampling Methods and R
Author: Phillip I. Good
The Innovators 2014 US$ 9.99 528 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Multivariate analysis
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Nonparametric statistics
- Academic > Mathematics > General
- Computers > Database Management > Data Mining
- Mathematics > Probability & Statistics