The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Rebuilding the News
Metropolitan Journalism in the Digital Age
Breaking down the walls of the traditional newsroom, Rebuilding the News traces the evolution of news reporting as it moves from print to online. As the business models of newspapers have collapsed, author C. W. Anderson chronicles how bloggers, citizen journalists, and social networks are implicated in the massive changes confronting journalism.
Through a combination of local newsroom fieldwork, social-network analysis, and online archival research, Rebuilding the News places the current shifts in news production in socio-historical context. Focusing on the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Philadelphia Daily News, Anderson presents a gripping case study of how these papers have struggled to adapt to emerging economic, social, and technological realities.
As he explores the organizational, networked culture of journalism, Anderson lays bare questions about the future of news-oriented media and its evolving relationship with “the public” in the digital age.
237 pages; ISBN 9781439909355
, or download in
Title: Rebuilding the News
Author: C. W. Anderson
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Journalism. The periodical press, etc. > Technique. Practical journalism
- Academic > Literature > Journalism. The periodical press, etc. > Technique. Practical journalism
- Academic > Literature > Literary history > Biography
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Theory. Philosophy. Esthetics
- Media > Publishing
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Journalism
- Computers > Information Technology
- Business > Industries