Theories of Childhood, Second Edition
An Introduction to Dewey, Montessori, Erikson, Piaget & Vygotsky
Examine the work of five groundbreaking education theoristsJohn Dewey, Maria Montessori, Erik Erikson, Jean Piaget, and Lev Vygotskyin relation to early childhood. Theories of Childhood provides a basic introduction to each theorist and explains the relationship of theory to practice and its impact on real children, teachers, and classrooms. This edition reflects current academic learning standards and includes new understandings of Vygotsky's work. It is a popular guide to help early childhood professionals be aware of the theories behind good child care practices. It is also a widely-used text in undergraduate programs, community college courses, and training workshops that focus on early development and education.
Carol Garhart Mooney has been an early childhood educator for more than forty years. She is also the author of Theories of Attachment, Use Your Words, and Swinging Pendulums.
128 pages; ISBN 9781605542485
, or download in or
Title: Theories of Childhood, Second Edition
Author: Carol Garhart Mooney
How To Win Friends and Influence People 2010 US$ 10.99 320 pages
He's Just Not That Into You 2004 US$ 10.99 1 pages
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Child study
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Early childhood education
- Education > Preschool & Kindergarten
- Education > Educational Psychology
- Family & Relationships > Child Development
- Family & Relationships > Pregnancy & Childbirth