Effective Interpersonal and Team Communication Skills for Engineers
Presents key principles of communication that support clear exchanges in a technical context and help engineers learn effective communication skills
Effective communication is a necessity for engineers. Even minor on-the-job misunderstandings can cost time, money, or worse. Yet even though recent studies show that improved communication makes for better engineers, the ability to speak clearly and listen carefully have historically been considered "soft skills" and are not typically or explicitly addressed in engineering programs.
Working from basic units called microskills, Effective Interpersonal and Team Communication Skills for Engineers shows readers, one step at a time, how to engage, listen, manage conflict, and influence others with highly constructive, repeatable communication exchanges.
This career-enhancing handbook:
- Presents communication skills for both technical issues and social situations in an engineering context
- Breaks skills down to elemental usage forms as microskills
- Includes plenty of practice exercises, case studies, and self-assessment tools
- Helps develop higher-level skills for more complex situations, such as dealing with confrontation and conflict negotiation
- Features a direct, user-friendly, practice-oriented format
Effective Interpersonal and Team Communication Skills for Engineers is a must-have guide for professionals and an important supplement for engineering programs at all levels.
168 pages; ISBN 9781118514207
, or download in or
Title: Effective Interpersonal and Team Communication Skills for Engineers
Author: Clifford Whitcomb; Leslie E. Whitcomb