Social Work and Social Policy
Advancing the Principles of Economic and Social Justice
A comprehensive overview of domestic and global social welfare policy
Written by a team of renowned social policy experts sharing their unique perspectives on global and U.S. social welfare policy issues, Social Work and Social Policy helps social workers consider key issues that face policymakers, elected officials, and agency administrators in order to develop policies that are both fair and just.
Designed as a foundational social welfare policy text, this important book meets the Council on Social Work Education's (CSWE) Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards (EPAS).
Encouraging readers' critical thinking on various issues, each chapter begins with an overarching question and "what if" scenarios, and ends with a set of suggested key terms, online resources, and discussion questions.
Recognizing that policy work requires practitioners to be as fully versed as possible with the issue at hand, Social Work and Social Policy thoroughly explores:
- Social welfare policy as a form of social justice
- The evolution of the American welfare state
- Human security and the welfare of societies
- Social policy from a global perspective
- Challenges for social policies in Asia
- Welfare reform and the need for social empathy
- The U.S. Patriot Act and its implications for the social work profession
- Human rights and emerging social media
Compelling and broad in scope, Social Work and Social Policy is an indispensable text for students and a valuable resource for practitioners concerned with creating social policy and governmental action guided by justice for all.
216 pages; ISBN 9781118420973
, or download in or
Title: Social Work and Social Policy
Author: Ira C. Colby; Catherine N. Dulmus; Karen M. Sowers
More Social Science
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down 1998 US$ 9.99 339 pages
The Corner 2013 US$ 12.99 576 pages
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Public Affairs > Political institutions and public administration
- Political Science > Social Policy
- Political Science > Social Services & Welfare
- Social Science > Social Work