The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Connecting Social Welfare Policy to Fields of Practice
Invaluable guidance and advice for creating positive change in social policy
Edited by a team of renowned experts, Connecting Social Welfare Policy to Fields of Practice features contributions from leaders in this field providing a variety of perspectives on different topics. This visionary guide equips social workers to proactively engage in policy practice to influence specific policies.
Designed as a social welfare policy practice text for undergraduate and graduate students in social work programs, this book meets the Council on Social Work Education's (CSWE) Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards (EPAS).
Each chapter begins with an overarching question and "what if" scenarios, and ends with a set of suggested key terms, online resources, and discussion questions.
Connecting Social Welfare Policy to Fields of Practice addresses specific populations within a wide variety of practice arenas, including:
- Social welfare policy and politics
- Aging in the United States
- Public mental health policy in the United States
- Disability policy development
- Health-care policy
- Urban housing policy
- Child welfare policy
- Redefining the welfare state in a global economy
Global in context, Connecting Social Welfare Policy to Fields of Practice encourages those in the social work profession to become directly engaged with individuals, families, groups, and communities in the crafting of impartial public policies for marginalized members of society.
312 pages; ISBN 9781118420966
, or download in or
More from this author
- Social Work and Social Policy2012US$ 50.00218 pages
- Comprehensive Handbook of Social Work and Social Welfare2008US$ 220.00434 pages
More Social Science
- Academic > Public Affairs > Criminal justice administration > Penology. Prisons. Corrections > By region or country
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminal justice administration > Penology. Prisons. Corrections
- Academic > Public Affairs > Corrections
- Political Science > Social Services & Welfare
- Social Science > Social Work