CURRENT Practice Guidelines in Primary Care 2013
The ultimate portable guide to the clinical practice guidelines that have the most impact on everyday medical practice. Perfect for internists, family physicians, and other primary care physicians.
Market / Audience
Family physicians: 60,000
About the Book
Current Practice Guidelines in Primary Care 2013 draws information from many established CPG sources and presents summaries of the most relevant guidelines in an easy-to-use, pocket-sized package for use by any primary care clinician. It offers quick access to the latest guidelines for the most appropriate preventive services, screening methods, and treatment approaches for commonly encountered conditions in the outpatient setting.
Most full-length practice guidelines are lengthy, running 30-100 pages. Primary care physicians do not have time to read these full-length guidelines and prefer a summary of the take home points. Our book offers that summary and, in addition, offers a careful selection of all the new and revised CPGs that are most relevant to office practice of ambulatory medicine.
There are no other books that delivery summaries of outpatient CPGs in a similar manner. Competition comes from association web sites which offer specialty guidelines and from the US Government via its Guidelines Clearinghouse.
- Drawn from the most reliable sources: government agencies, medical and scientific organizations, and expert panels
- Easy-to-follow guideline-based algorithms speed clinical decision making
- Spans all areas of general outpatient medicine
- Convenient, carry-anywhere size puts today’s best practices in your pocket
- Website addresses for U.S. government agencies and professional organizations
- Updated immunization schedules for all age groups
- New evidence and references
- 33 New chapters
- Many updates to existing primary care content and topics
- Essential for residents and practicing physicians in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, and obstetrics and gynecology; medical and nursing students; registered nurses; nurse practitioners; and physician assistants
- Sometimes less is more: readers get a pocket-sized summary of the most important CPGs, without paying for full-length material they will not often use. Also focuses the huge information base on the web into a practical, relevant collection for busy clinicians
Joseph S. Esherick, MD is Medical Director of Critical Care Services and Associate Director of Medicine at Ventura County Medical Center, and Associate Clinical Professor of Family Medicine at David Geffen School of Medicine.
Danial S. Clark, MD is Director of Medicine and Cardiology at Ventura County Hospital, and Assistant Clinical Professor of Family Medicine at David Geffen School of Medicine.
Evan D. Slater, MD is Director of Hematology and Medical Oncology at Ventura County Hospital, and Assistant Clinical Professor of Family Medicine at David Geffen School of Medicine.
240 pages; ISBN 9780071797511
, or download in or
Title: CURRENT Practice Guidelines in Primary Care 2013
Author: Joseph S. Esherick; Daniel S. Clark; Evan D. Slater
Stahl's Illustrated Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder 2009 US$ 40.00 168 pages
Human Growth and Development 2010 US$ 64.00 233 pages