The Utterly, Completely, and Totally Useless Science Fact-o-pedia: A Startling Collection of Scientific Trivia You’ll Never Need to Know
Calling all trivia buffs! Loaded with over 200 entries and almost 2,000 bits of trivia, this book will arm you with hundreds of useless scientific tidbits – perfect for curious minds.
Organized from A (“Amino Acids”) to Z (“Zombie Etiquette”), and packed with great cartoons, The Useless Science Fact-o-Pedia is a treasure trove of fun facts for the inquiring mind. It’s perfect, whether you’re looking to stimulate your brain or impress at a party!
Featuring such fantastic and useless facts as:
• Did you know that the U.S. Center for Disease Control published a blog post on preparing for the zombie apocalypse to teach the public about preparedness in emergencies?
• Or that Saturn is so light, it would float on water?
• Or that most mammals yawn, as well as some birds and reptiles?
• Or that the first roller coaster can be traced to 15th-century Russia?
• Or that Leonardo da Vinci sketched plans for a humanoid robot back in 1495?
• How about the fact that the North Atlantic Ocean gets 1 inch wider every year?
Written by an award-winning and accessible expert medical writer, The Utterly, Completely, and Totally Useless Science Fact-o-pedia is an extraordinary look at our seemingly ordinary world.
320 pages; ISBN 9780007519460
, or download in
Title: The Utterly, Completely, and Totally Useless Science Fact-o-pedia: A Startling Collection of Scientific Trivia You’ll Never Need to Know
Author: Wendy Leonard; Steve Karanas; Matt C. Ryan
Choosing Civility 2010 US$ 9.99