The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Ten Commandments of Comedy
Beginning comedy writers and performers may think funny can't be taught, but legendary comedy writer Gene Perret, winner of three Emmy Awards, tells otherwise in this guide to what makes a good joke work. Outlining the 10 commandments of comedy, the unbreakable rules that every gag must follow in order to be funny, this book liberates readers and allows them to immediately begin writing better and funnier comedy material. By following Perret’s commandments, readers will better understand how to write jokes that connect with audiences and discover why unsuccessful material isn’t working and how it can be fixed. From the First Commandment (“Thou Shalt Surprise”) to the Tenth (“Thou Shalt Be Clever”), this work stands as a fast guide to the essentials of humor that is perfect for business presenters, after-dinner speakers, professional comedians, and anyone who wants to be funny.
Title: The Ten Commandments of Comedy
Author: Gene Perret
More Language Arts
- Academic > Literature > Literary history > By period > Ancient
- Academic > Literature > Collections of general literature > Wit and humor
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Study and teaching
- Reference > Writing Skills
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Composition & Creative Writing