The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Form and Performance in Digital Architecture
Today, with the advent of digital media technologies and the ability to conceptualize, express and produce complex forms using digital means, the question of the status of the architectural form is once again under consideration. Indeed, the computer liberated architecture from the tyranny of the right angle and enabled the design and production of non-standard buildings, based on irregular geometry.
Yet, the questions concerning the method of form expression in contemporary architecture, and its meaning, remain very much open. Performalism takes up this discussion, defines it and presents changes in form conception in architecture, followed by their repercussions.
The book is supported by a wealth of case studies from some of the top firms across the globe and contributed to by some of the top names in this field. With a unique and insightful emphasis on professional practice this is essential reading for all architects, aspiring and practicing.
224 pages; ISBN 9781135722319
, or download in or
The Architecture of Modern Italy, 1 2005 US$ 35.00 279 pages
Architectural Graphic Standards 2010 US$ 110.00 560 pages
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > Theaters > By city and building A-Z
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > 1821- > General works
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theatrical costume and costume design > Materials and articles of clothing > Rings, bracelets, armillae, etc. > 1821-
- Academic > Architecture, Landscape > Architecture > General
- Academic > Architecture, Landscape > Architecture > Architectural drawing and design
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > By city and building A-Z
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > General
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > Architectural drawing and design
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Other countries A-Z
- Academic > Economics
- Architecture > History